The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force in May 2018. This legislation replaces existing data protection laws and governs how companies collect, hold and use people’s personal data.
As a leading provider of quality flooring, soft furnishings and fitting services for domestic and commercial customers, Horwich Carpets & Interiors is committed to GDPR compliance and strengthening the security and protection of its customers’ data.
Horwich Carpets & Interiors therefore abides by the following customer data safeguarding principles:
- Only data specifically necessary for the supply and fitting of flooring/soft furnishings to a customer’s premises will be collected and stored.
- Customer data is only stored electronically within our premises’ centralised accounting system and secure backup disks. These can only be accessed by our Directors and Senior Administrators.
- Any printed documentation that includes customer data e.g. invoice, statement etc. is stored centrally at our premises under lock and key. The only key holders are our Directors and Senior Administrators.
- All printed customer documentation is professionally shredded at time of disposal
- Our customers have a permanent right to request that all of their data be erased at any time. If you wish to be erased from our systems, please contact our Data Controller (Jean Davies) or our Data Processor (Richard Davies or Lesley Seddon).
- We only use customer data in the processing and fulfilment of customer orders for flooring, soft furnishing and fitting.
- Our customer data is only ever shared with a third party when it is necessary, i.e. in order to validate a flooring warranty with a manufacturer
- We expect all of our suppliers to have GDPR procedures in place and encourage customers to familiarise themselves with GDPR.
- All of our staff are familiar with the importance of GDPR and their personal responsibilities to protecting customer data.
Any questions relating to our GDPR procedures can be addressed to Horwich Carpets & Interiors’ Co-Director and assigned Data Protection Processor Richard Davies –email@example.com Tel No. 01204 697064.
Horwich Carpets & Interiors is a company registered in England and Wales, with Company number 7783670.